The Unreliable Boyfriend: a phrase initially coined for Mark Carney at the Bank of England; Jay Powell has joined the club. JP has previous form in flip-flopping (2018/19). This time he has made a song and dance about Average Inflation Targeting and Outcome-based policy, only to flip and cave at the first signs of inflation that he was insisting was transitory. Back to data dependency then. What to think, what to do?
- MI2: China Update Posted in: Core Research
- Japan Update: Japanese Auto Makers Shift to “Must Have on Hand” Inventory Management Posted in: Japan Update
- Macro Insiders: In Focus from Julian – Coiled Posted in: Macro Insiders
- Japan Update: August Import Prices Hit Record Posted in: Japan Update
- MI2 Trader: Buying DAX Vol Posted in: Core Research